Many thanks to Miss Elizabeth over at Joyful Jewels for Jesus
for awarding me this “Honest Scrap” award! I am quite honored. :o)
Here are the rules involved with this tag:
1. Share ten “honest” things about yourself.
2. Award this to seven people who’s blog design/content you admire or who have encouraged you, and inform them of their win and of the rules of this award.
So just in case you don’t know enough trivial facts about me, here we go (otherwise, scroll down for some apple-picking pictures!):
1. Autumn is my very favorite season. Bring on the the pumpkins, the corduroys, the sweaters, the bonfires…mmm….
2. Most of the time I cannot stand to read more than one book at a time but somehow with the busyness of life I have not been able to hold myself at that standard. Right now I’ve reached my maximum total ever of six.
3. I love plaids. All kinds.
4. I collect those collectible spoons from places we have traveled.
5. I have a large box in my closet filled to the brim with almost every birthday card and letter I have ever received. I am too much of a sentimentalist…:o)
6. My favorite restaurant is Panera Bread. I heart their Strawberry Poppyseed Salad.
8. One can never own too many purses – my life mantra. :o)
9. I have a dream of one day taking a trip to England. There are so many things I want to see there: Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Windsor, and the homes of Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, and William Shakespeare. I want to have tea in a real English tea room, feast for hours in used bookstores, and speak for days in a pseud0-English accent. :o)
10. If I were to pick a verse for my year thus far it would be Psalm 73:25,26:
“Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.” I have come back to them time and time again, praying often that these verses will be true in my life.
Now its my turn to tag! I would like to nominate the following for the Honest Scrap Award:
Lauren and Mikaela
One of my favorite autumn traditions is going apple picking. Below are some pictures from an excursion this past Saturday. It is really beginning to feel like autumn around here!
A bushel gets filled so quickly.